Nars Sheer Glow Foundation For Oily Skin?

17 June 2014


Nars Sheer Glow foundation Fuji
Nars Sheer Glow Foundation Fuji
Nars Sheer glow foundation fuji
Nars Sheer Glow Foundation Fuji

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation Fuji



As i told you last week, i recently decided to treat myself to some Nars goodies,
along with Laguna (review here) the other product i had been dying to try was Nars Sheer Glow foundation. Sheer Glow is another cult product that everybody raves about, but i'll admit although i had wanted to try it for some time i did have some reservations. Having oily skin i was concerned about how a product entitled 'Sheer Glow" would last on me and wether or not i would end up looking less glow and more oil slick..

Colour-
Due to the fact that i don't have a Nars counter anywhere near me, this meant doing a fair bit of research beforehand to try and work out what shade i would be as there would be nothing worse than picking the wrong colour and wasting my money.
I looked for blog reviews where the blogger had similar colorings to me or wore some of the same shades as me in other foundations, i also took into account that i have a warm skintone and suit more yellow toned foundations. I decided to go for the shade Fuji which is the Light 5 (1 is the lightest and 6 is the darkest of the Light shades) Fuji is described as being light with yellow undertones which sounded exactly what i was looking for.
I definitely made the right choice, Fuji is my perfect match, i would even go as far as to say its the best colour match i've ever found in a foundation!

Coverage/Finish-
The first time i tried Sheer Glow i was really surprised at how thick it was, being called Sheer i was expecting a really thin runny foundation, however when i went to tip a bit out onto my hand i was surprised when nothing came out, in-fact i actually just dip my foundation brush into the bottle as its easier. Even though its thicker than i expected in consistency, the Sheer in the name clearly came about by the beautiful light finish it gives to the skin. I would say coverage wise its medium but can be built up if desired, i was really impressed with the coverage as i was hoping it wasn't too light but it defiantly covers the skin nicely masking minor skin imperfections without being heavy or cakey.
Another thing i love about this foundation is how a little bit goes a long way i really don't use a lot but it blends like a dream and covers the skin well. The finish is just so nice, it leaves your skin glowy and healthy looking.

Longevity-
On to the thing i was most worried about how long will it last on my oily skin? For me i no that i can never just slap some foundation on and expect it to be firmly in place 8 hours later, my skin is very oily and finding a foundation that will last has always been a struggle for me, the best i've ever found for its lasting power is Estee Luders Double wear foundation which will last all day (with touch ups) the worst can slide of my face in a few hours. So how does Sheer Glow fare? It doesn't last as long as Double Wear but to be honest i didn't expect it to being a Sheer Glowy finish, however i was pleasantly surprised with how long it does last, i would say it looks fine on my skin for about four hours before i will definitely need to blot and apply some powder and thats pretty good for my skin, in fact i think it pretty much in even pegging with Vichy Dermablend foundation (another one of my favorites) for longevity and that has is a much heavier coverage foundation.

My Thoughts-
Well i am happy to say that Nars Sheer Glow gets a Glowing report from me (see what i did there)...
It has exceeded all my expectations, i am so happy that although i was worried about how it would work for oily skin that i decide to try it, it really is an amazing foundation it makes your skin healthy looking and flawless and there is an amazing range of shades to suit all skin-tones. I now have a new favorite foundation!

Has anyone else tried Sheer Glow? Do you love it as much as I do?



4 comments:

  1. Great review!! How does the foundation feel on your skin? Does it feel heavy or more natural like you're not really wearing much? Thanks!

    Alyx | darling-chic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels very light and natural it really is a great foundation x

      Delete
  2. I love nars sheer glow, I have two bottles and swap between the two. I have dry skin though and it works for me too, it's just a lovely foundation xx

    Lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great foundation I'm so glad I bought it x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...