How to Wear Purple Lipstick Tutorial

04 August 2014


how to wear purple lipstick
how to wear purple lipstick
how to wear purple lipstick

I love a bold lip, for me its just a simple way to update my look and try something new. I love playing with colour and experimenting with my makeup but i understand that for some people they might long to try something new but have no idea where to start. I wrote a post a few weeks ago where i reviewed this Purple Sleek Lipstick so i thought i would do one showing how i would actually wear it and what i would do with my eye makeup just to help out anyone who might want some ideas. 

What I Used-

Face-
L'oreal Skin Perfection Magic Touch Instant Blur
Nars Sheer Glow Foundation (Fuji)
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (Light)
Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder
Nars Laguna Bronzer
Rimmel Stay Bushed (Pop of Pink)
Mac Mineralized Skinfinish (Soft and Gentle)

Eyes/Brows-
Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil (Hazel)
Benefit Gimmie Brow (Light/Medium)
Benefit Stay Don't Stray 
Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow (Birthday Suit)
Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner (Black)
Bourjois Volume 1 Second Mascara (Black)
Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter 

Lips- 
Sleek True Colour Lipstick (Exxxagerate)


I decided that as the lips are stand out enough themselves that i would keep the eyes fairly simple with not too much colour going on. So for my eyes after putting on a bit of eye primer i applied a cream shadow in a neutral taupe brown shade over the entire lid and blended it out. I went for a cream shadow instead of a regular shadow as the lipstick is matte i didn't want the look to be too flat. My main idea for the eyes was to have more dramatic liner with a cat flick i think its bold enough to work well with the lips but still simple. Now i am rubbish with doing liquid liner and flicks but i use a little trick of putting a bit of tape from the outer corner of my eye at an angle up towards my eyebrow, you then simple use it as a guide of where to do your flick it really makes it so much easier! I then applied a few coats of mascara and thats was the eyes done.
The rest of the makeup is pretty natural a soft flush of pink on the cheeks using a cream blush and a bit of bronzer and highlighter. 
I hope you enjoyed seeing how i wear a bold purple lip, i think it works well for day and night and i personally love how it looks. 

How would you wear purple Lipstick?







7 comments:

  1. Your make up is so so pretty! Love the bold purple lip :)
    www.LydiaRosexo.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a spot on dupe for MAC up the amp, I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skin looks AMAZING, love that lip colour on you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - Simple eyes and a statement colour lip! This look is just gorgeous! I love it :)


    CAT xo
    What Cat Says | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous look! I love that shade of purple, you make me want to attempt bold lips now :D

    Tamsyn-Elizabeth
    Peach Pow XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that shade on you! and def. agree about making it all about the lips if the shade is so vibrant.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my purple lipsticks <3

    trendofdays.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...