Coloristiq, Monthly Nail Polish Rental?

03 February 2015

Coloristiq Box* £14.49

So i think its safe to say by now we have all heard of monthly beauty subscription boxes. With so many versions available now Glossybox, BirchBox and Love me Beauty to name just a few it would be hard not too, but how do you feel about renting the products instead?
Coloristiq is the Uk's first online rental service for nail polish, think a beauty version of Lovefilm. The idea is that each month you will get sent out three bottles of salon quality nail polish, you are allowed three applications per bottle, you then send them back (which is free) you then get your next three bottles sent out to you in the post, interesting idea right?
At first i thought only three applications per bottle? That doesn't sound a lot, but then when i thought about it thats nine applications in total for a month, and i would say i do my nails about once a week so that is more than enough. Im quite into my nails, i hate them being bare and i love my nail polish so naturally i have a ridiculous collection of the stuff. Obviously like with all makeup, trends change a lot and new collections and ranges are brought out all the time and if your anything like me this means a lot of forgotten about polish getting dried out because you want to try the new ones, i mean can you remember the last time you actually completely used up a nail polish? I cant most of mine are unusable before i can finish the bottle. This is what makes me think Coloristiq is such a good idea, not only is it a great way to try new brands and colours but when your done with them you can send them back and get new ones to try, genius! 
Coloristiq has teemed up with some great brands like Essie, OPI, Nails Inc and China Glaze all salon quality brands that will cost you between £8-£14 per bottle, you can also set a wish list picking the sort of colours and brands you would like to be sent. 
In my box i got sent three China Glaze polishes, a brand that surprisingly i had never tried before but i was really impressed with the quality and I'm in love with the gorgeous metallic red one. Inside the box the polishes are inside protective wrappers to ensure you don't receive any damaged polishes, and all polishes are closely inspected and sanitized before being sent out. 
A subscription to Coloristiq costs £14.49, which i think is slightly expensive for something your only renting but I do think it is a great idea behind Coloristiq and is something many women will be interested in. 

For anyone interested in trying Coloristiq out for themselves i have a code Zoe1 to get your first month free! You have to pay initially but then email info@coloristiq.com and you will be refunded the first month. 

What do you think about renting your nail polish?

8 comments:

  1. Not sure how I feel about this one, it's a great idea but if you're sending them back does that mean you will be sent ones that someone else has used? £15 a month seems steep for something you can't keep. Great idea, not sure on the hygiene and the price point!

    Sarah :)
    Saloca in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I did my review I had so many mixed opinions but i personally like it because I live in a studio flat so I need space, and I hadn't tried china glaze before either! xxx


    Blonde of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nail polishes are one thing I can never use up - I'm very fickle. This sounds like a great idea but price seems very steep and how exactly do you measure three applications??

    Emma xx || Her Glamourati || YouTube Channel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea! I haven't tried china glaze polishes either x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a really great idea, even though it does seem like a bit of a steep price. I never use up any nail polishes x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wasn't sure at first and I've been debating it for a while but I think I'll defo try it out esp since its hard to get hold of china glaze in the UK and I've always wanted to try them! Thanks

    Hope u can follow me back :)
    www.milimanicure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wasn't sure at first and I've been debating it for a while but I think I'll defo try it out esp since its hard to get hold of china glaze in the UK and I've always wanted to try them! Thanks

    Hope u can follow me back :)
    www.milimanicure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This seems a very strange concept.. not sure how I feel about this one. The cost seems high per month for the use of some probably used nail varnishes!

    Amy
    www.getglam.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...