Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus

31 March 2015



One thing i am always looking for is new and better ways to set my makeup. Powder is a big part of my makeup routine without setting my makeup in the morning all my hard work would be sliding off my face before lunchtime! Id decided it was about time i gave Mac's face powders a try, i really wasn't sure which one to go for but as i constantly read good reviews on the Natural Mineralize Skinfinish and of course being a massive fan of the highlighter version i thought that would be a good one to go for.
This is the first Mac powder product i have with the new packaging and i must say i am a fan, i think it looks a lot sleeker. i also like the magnetic fastening and think its great there is now a mirror included.
As i ordered it online i was a bit unsure which shade to go for, i thought that Light shade would be too light for me so i was trying to decide between Light Plus and Medium, the plus shades are more yellow toned so although i was worried it might be slightly too light i went for Light Plus as medium being more pink just wouldn't have matched. Luckily i made the right decision and i would say Light Plus is the perfect match for me, no ghostly glow the yellow tones match spot on with my foundation.
What i love about this powder is the beautiful finish it gives the skin, when applied after foundation to set it gives my skin a luminous almost airbrushed finish. It amplifies the coverage and also covers up pores and imperfections.
In regards to setting my makeup unfortunately i don't feel it keeps shine at bay for any longer than most other powders i've tried, in fact perhaps slightly less. Also i find when it comes to re-touching the powder it tends to start to look a bit cakey and unnatural and i end up using my Rimmel Stay Matte for further touch up throughout the day.
Its such a shame really that i love the finish so much i just don't think it works well with my skin type, this could be the holy grail of powders for people with normal/dry skin but i would advise fellow oily skin gals to give it a miss.

Have you tried Mac's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural? What did you think?

Zoe 
X

1 comment:

  1. I really love this powder - but I agree it can be a bit unforgiving and cakey if you frequently touch it up! I find in a morning it gives my skin a dewy look, although if i'm having an oily day or a bad skin day it's definitely noticeable after a few hours.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...