Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Oil Control Fixing Spray

14 April 2015


If like me you have an oily skin type you will fully understand the daily struggle it entails to simply  keep your makeup intact for the duration of the day. I find myself constantly on the lookout for new makeup products and skin care that claim to help solve this, oil control moisturisers, primers, foundation and powders anything that will keep my makeup looking good for longer, and so when the opportunity arose to test out a new Oil Control Setting spray i jumped at the chance.
The Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Oil Control Fixing Spray* is the latest makeup fixing spray Makeup Revolution has brought to the table this time aimed at oilier skins and keeping the makeup intact for up to 12-hours, preventing fading and smudging and leaving the skin with a matte finish, sounds good right?
I was incredibly excited to start testing it out, i've previously tried the De-Slick setting spray from Urban Decay but i don't feel it was anything to write home about, i was left feeling it was a bit pointless and its not something i would re-purchase so i was hoping for better things from Revolution.
The Oil Control Fixing Spray comes in a small bottle containing 100-ml of product a fair amount i feel for the £5 price tag and also a great size to fit in your makeup bag or handbag. After applying my makeup i simply hold the bottle about 10-inches away from my face and spray in an x shape onto my skin. The spray delivers a very fine mist which is just the right amount to not leave your face too wet, it dries really quickly and feels light and not at all sticky.
The thing i love the most about it is the finish it leaves on the skin, having oily skin can mean having to wear more layers of products to make your makeup last, i wear primer, foundation, concealer and various powders which could leave the skin looking slightly too makeup and powdery. I find the spray helps give back that fresh real skin look taking away the powdery finish whilst locking all the makeup in. Im not sure i would describe it as a matte finish though i think it gives life back to the skin making it look more natural.
In regards to keeping my makeup on for longer i've been testing it out mainly with the Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation which i usually have to touch up after about 3/4 hours and starts to come away on my nose after about 8-hours. I would say it prolongs me having to touch my makeup up for about an extra hour or so which i have been impressed with, it also seems to keep the makeup on better around my nose.
The Pro Fix Oil Control Fixing Spray has quickly become the finishing touch to my makeup routine, i've become addicted to the fresh skin finish and the extra lasting power it gives my foundation.

Have you trued the Makeup Revolution Oil Control Fixing Spray? What did you think?

Zoe
X

4 comments:

  1. I love setting sprays, so I will definitely give this a go. Make Up Revolution is so great and budget friendly x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never actually tried a setting spray before as i feel they are quite expensive, but at £5 this seems like a good one for me to try! I love Makeup Revolution especially their lipsticks! Great review :) xx

    Leah Talks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try this! I love trying out fixing sprays and this one sounds great!

    Emily x // EmGrace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree, oily skin can be such a pain because makeup never wants to stay on lol. This fixing spray sounds amazing, I definitely want to try this out as I’ve always been opting for the UD de-slick, fab review :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...